Science in a Nutshell
Out-of-the-Box Learning Experiences for Grades 2-6
Explore and discover science concepts and processes through inquiry and hands-on learning. Fun, meaningful activities for student-directed individual or small-group learning.
What's in a Nutshell?
- 8-12 activities that develop a specific science topic
- Quality materials for 1-3 students
- An Activity Guide with simple, clearly written instructions
- 3 Activity Journals to record student observations and data, and apply writing skills
- Consumable materials for 6 uses
Your students will:
- Increase their understanding and application of fundamental Life, Earth, and Physical Science concepts and process skills
- Engage in meaningful science activities that encourage cooperation and collaboration
- Prepare for standardized testing through practice with science questions and manipulatives
- Develop critical thinking skills with opportunities to think "out of the box"
Nutshells are perfect for:
- After-school programs
- Summer School
- Classroom science centers
- Teacher demonstrations
- Independent study